< Back to Management
Dr. Catherine A. Ruiz, CEO
I started Lumina Lidar, LLC to bring remote-sensing technology to the design and construction industry. While working with Ahneman Kirby Engineers and Surveyors, we attended the 2018 New York Builds Expo at the Javits Center in New York City and my passion for architecture was reignited.
New York City is an architect’s heaven. When I first came to the US, I was working at the Helmsley Building and I was touched at how beautiful the architectural design was and the intricacies of its detail. I was very impressed to find out that my colleague was one of the designers of some of the iconic buildings in New York.
With Lumina I worked hard to assemble a team of experts specializing solely in 3D laser scanning and modeling. Our team includes structural, civil and structural engineers, architects and formally trained project managers who work with laser scan technology and point clouds every day. I work closely with every client to create deliverables that are practical and useful. With nationwide service and fast mobilization, Lumina Lidar can quickly respond with customized laser scanning solutions for your project.
Imaging and Geospatial Professional
- PhD New York University – 1998
- B.S. University of the East, Manila, Philippines 1990
- Recipient of Governor’s Award for Service to the Community, NJ Chris Christie 2016
- Recipient of ACEC Commissioner’s Award of Excellence for Exemplary Performance, 2008 and 2016
- Recipient of ACEC Merit Award, 2010 and 2018
- Extensive diversified hands-on experience in the scanning, design, operation, and emergency response management of medical systems and projects.
- Managed the maintenance and operation of more than 55 scan to CAD projects (including the State’s regional owned/operated infrastructure) and 68 lane miles of CT and NY State assets.
- Proven success in resource and project management, with clear focus on vision, quality, productivity, and innovation.
- Continued growth in engineering and management assignments requiring exceptional leadership skills and practices applied towards the geospatial contracts, design, scanning, assessment and operation of systems and to the practical solutions of complex engineering problems.